Sunday, July 31, 2011

"HOME BY THE BAY" New, Original Oil Painting by Mike Callahan


"Home By The Bay"
18" x 24"
Oil on Canvas

Have you begun to wonder if I had dropped off the face of the earth? I apologize for the long break in communication; I have not in fact dropped the face of the earth, but my wife and I did take a vacation recently to a very beautiful and inspiring part of it! We spent several weeks in Ireland. I had the opportunity to paint a bit, but it wasn't really a painting trip per se. We ended up taking nearly 1200 photos there and many of those are going to end up as paintings. Here's the first one! It's fresh off the easel...as a matter of fact I just finished it a few hours ago!_I'll be launching into this new series right away and I've put up a new category on the website for it... I will however, also continue intermittently with more paintings from Tahoe, the Sierra and the West as I have been.

3 comments:

Ralph said...

Beautiful Painting Mike! Looking forward to seeing more from your Ireland Trip. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Hey your site looks a little bit weird in Mozilla on computer with Linux .

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks