Sunday, September 27, 2009

'YUBA RIVER STUDY' - Brand New Original Oil Painting by Mike Callahan

"Yuba River Study"

9" x 12"

Oil on Canvas Panel


I recently had the opportunity to get out and paint on a simply gorgeous day down along th Yuba river with a friend of mine. This is the first of two little paintings I did that day...I'll post the other one next week.

This is how I began, just sketching in my composition...

It can really help your concentration if you hang your mouth open like this (as long as there aren't too many bugs buzzing around!)

...and here we are just about done...

2 comments:

Jodi Dickhaut said...

I really like the shots of you working on your paintings. I think that is a very personal aspect to your blog and I'll have to take note and apply it to my own.
-JD

Mike Callahan said...

Thanks JD! I probably should do that a bit more often...I really appreciate your feedback!
Mike